Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Mysore Cafe..


Practically the oldest & most popular South Indian Restaurant, a regular hangout for students of the many colleges nearby


There used to be a Gate here leading into the Wadia Womens College at the end of this street.
We used to hangout in evenings during our college days and sit just where the small palm tree is on the left.



For my friend Manish, who's now in US, a view as you would have got when we used to stand/sit on scooters here.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Marijke said...

seems ur memories are here???
The good old college days..

Rita said...

i remeber mysore cafe as the one place where ALL treats were given, for anything important and by everyone. ONLY a treat in MYSORE CAFE had any meaning and was considered a treat.

Mehernosh said...

Those were good days, hanging out outside Mysore Cafe.
Mysore Cafe still going strong, congrats.
These are great photos of the cafe. Thanks Manoj.

Arpan Sharma said...

This is really great! I lived in Surat from 1976 to 1985. I have great nostalgia for the place and one of the places I distinctly remember is Mysore Cafe. The flats above Mysore Cafe look exactly the way they used to when I was there. I very vividly remember the shops in the line of Mysore cafe. I would give anything to see those photos. Thanks for all these photos. I will now be following this blog very closely.